World War One

Now look what Warhammer Historical have produced!

The Great War
(click on the image for more information)

For suitable models have a look at the new venture from GW-ers, Aly Morrison and Dave Andrews, Great War Miniatures. This site is worth a look just for the amazing scenery and gallery!
greatwarminiatures.com

Nice models can also be sourced from Renegade Miniatures.
www.renegademiniatures.com/

I've been interested in World War One since the mid 90's but had never given much thought to gaming it. Initially this was because we mostly played WFB, but in more recent (and more historically aligned) years I've been busy with other things. This new book from Warhammer Historical has really inspired me to collect some figures and may be play the occasional game. This will of course be allied with a whole lot more research in to the events of 1914-1918.

I have ordered the book (post free) from Wargames Foundry, along with some more of their excellent paints that will allow me to paint up some British and Germans. Haven't ordered any figures yet though. This is because I haven't quite decided whether to play 'early war' i.e. the so called war of movement in August and September 1914, principally the battles of Mons and the Marne; or to go for 'late war' and play some of the more dynamic breakthroughs of 1917-18.

Does this mean that my Roman and Celt aspirations have been shelved? No not at all. I intend to work on both. The Great War can be played with as few as 20 or so figures per side, so I do not need to paint many to get playing. Then I'll add models just for the enjoyment of painting something other than ancients.

Comments