Recent Work

I've been away on business on France recently so progress has rather slowed. However, I have managed to get another small batch of dipped Celts complete - bar the basing. That gives me a nice little unit of 9 skirmishers to help support the heavy infantry of my Legions. I experimented with a few new colours from Foundry's range of light blues and reds. The results are a bit mixed, hence no piccies!!! The basic check/weave pattern I added to one figure (dark green lattice on top of light green cloth) looks OK but I'll need to have a bit more practice before I tackle anything more tricky. As for tattoos ... hmmm ... they'll take more practice too. Initial results are not that bad to be honest. I thought that it would be quite easy!? My choice of brush probably did not help. The bristles were a bit stiff which made painting smooth, even lines quite hard. A softer brush with a slightly finer point will help.

I've also been spending a bit of time getting my second unit of 15 Legionaries off the ground, along with the crew for my artillery. They're based, undercoated and most have the armour done. For the rest I'll work on batches of 4-5 figures as this seems to be the optimum number when painting in my 3-colour layered style.

Good to see that a number of fellow gamers on the WAB forum share my view that the Chrimbo hols are the ideal time to get some more painting done... link I'm hoping to get another unit of Legion completed which will bring my EIR force nicely up to 1,000pts. Then I can get cracking on the Warlord Ancient Britons. The delay in shipping until the 3rd week of January is actually quite handy.

We're off to the in-laws for a week or so and I've packed a box of paints, models, brushes, etc to keep me busy. Really looking forward to a week with all the family around. Having recently lost a stone (14lbs) in weight I need to try to avoid piling it all back on again, so more painting and less feasting is the plan ... !?

Looking at my viewing figures for this blog I can see that quite a few people take the time to read my rhubarb/waffle/etc. I hope that you enjoy what you see and read. Knowing that people do look at my blog gives a boost for my gaming energy, so Thank You! And feel free to leave any comments and suggestions :-)

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a joyous and peaceful New Year.

Comments