EIR 1,000pt Army ... at last!

It's Saturday afternoon (14th February, St Valentine's Day) and we've packed the kids off to Grandma and Grandad's for the weekend, so what we could we do eh? Hmmm ... I know darling, let's get all my painted Romans out and do a photo shoot for the blog now that I've finally reached that all important 1,000pt milestone. They don't call me a romantic old fool for nothing ... or at all in fact.

Anyway, as promised, here are a few pics of my army. I should point out that the pics aren't quite as good as I'd like mainly because (a) the lighting isn't great and, (b) I've got a new camera and still haven't quite worked out what all the buttons do yet ... doh!? RTFM as they say.

Here's the army in all it's glory.

EIR 1,000pt Army
(click for a larger image)

Legionaries

EIR Legionaries
(click for a larger image)

Legionaries

EIR Legionaries
(click for a larger image)

Auxillaries

EIR Auxiliaries
(click for a larger image)

More Aux (that's Aux, not Orcs ... I'm a WABber now, you know)

EIR Auxiliaries
(click for a larger image)

Aux with bows (and presumably arrows too)

EIR Auxiliary Archers
(click for a larger image)

Nice doggy

Allied Celt Warhounds
(click for a larger image)

Perhaps they've been trained by 'Barbara Woad-house' ? *groan*. BTW - If you understand that "joke" then you're probably British and of a certain age.

Allied Celt Warhounds
(click for a larger image)

Some expendable allied skirmishing Celt types

Allied Celt Skirmishers
(click for a larger image)

Mostly Black Tree Design figures, with a few Warlord Celts and GB Hounds. It's been a real painting adventure and I've learnt a great deal along the way. I should mention that the chaps on the WAB forum have been a fantastic source of help, advice and insipiration, I cannot recommend them and it too highly!

I'm really pleased with this army and I'm looking forward to expanding it with more Legion, Aux Cavalry and some artillery. But first, I really must get on with a Celt army.

Comments

  1. Hello Matt,

    Congratulations on getting your first 1,000 points of Romans painted - they look really great. I shall be keeping an eye on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on hitting 1000!


    "I know darling, let's get all my painted Romans out and do a photo shoot for the blog now that I've finally reached that all important 1,000pt milestone. They don't call me a romantic old fool for nothing ... or at all in fact."

    Hahaha. Nice, you just provided my first laugh of the morning. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice - impressive stuff.

    I have a box of Warlord legionaries to start shortly and am looking forward to it - even more now your army has re-inspired me!
    Shame about WAB - I have the second edition back order too, wonder if any further news will be forthcoming?
    All the best, Monty
    http://montysarmypainter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment