Still Painting

Things have been a tad busy recently ... for example, we moved house yesterday! Yet I managed some painting even on Thursday evening - how's that for dedication?

To be fair I have been very busy with the paintbrush for a while. I now have almost 60 Celt infantry ready for the 'dip'. As they're still in basic colours I decided not to photograph them. My normal style is a 3-4 colour Foundry-esque approach so seeing lots of very basic paint jobs is quite hard on the eye. But I'm sure the AP dip will do the job. Each figure has taken about 40 mins to paint as I couldn't resist doing the flesh and armour in two layers, plus there's the effort required for good check/stripe patterns and the woad tattoos. The WG Celt woad transfers make an excellent reference but are a real pig to apply, so I just copy some of the patterns and use a really small brush.

My initial 1,000pt Celt army requires about 75 infantry so I'm doing well in terms of targets. After that there's a bunch of cavalry, a few characters and some chariots.

Since we're in the process of moving it's quite feasible that I'll be without internet contact for a week or so (shudder!) but rest assured that I'll be ploughing on with my Celts with the aim of having some photos of the horde here on the blog asap.

Added to that are my plans for an AoA painting treat in the form of some Gripping Beast Romano-Brits and Welsh.

And in addition to that it now seems that I might be dragged in the direction of ECW by a combination of Warlord Games and my good friend Jimbo.

Best keep busy with those brushes!

Comments