Dipped Celts

Here's a few pics of my recently completed Celts. The figures are mostly Warlord Games with a few Black Tree Design.

The first pic shows the basic painting style I use for dipping. White undercoat and block colours. Only the skin and the metal areas get two coats. For the skin I use a base of GW Dwarf Flesh followed by a quick higlight with Foundry Base Sand Light. The metal areas get a first coat of GW Chaos Black followed by either GW Mithril Silver or GW Burnished Gold.

Celts Pre-Dip
(click for a larger image)

Now the figures have been dipped using Army Painter strong tone, brushed on. Ooh aren't they shiny!

Celts Dipped
(click for a larger image)

A quick spray of Army Painter Anti-shine spray (tip - shake it really well) and a nice base makes all the difference!

Celts Completed
(click for a larger image)

Clearly, to get ahead you ... er ... need to get a head!?

Celts Completed
(click for a larger image)

Basing - 3mm ply bases (20x20mm) from Litko - highly recommended. Covered in a mix of sand and grit. Base colour of GW Bestial Brown, followed by highlights of GW Vomit Brown and GW Bleached Bone. Add a few clumps of static grass to finish off. For these character types I'll also add a few pieces of woodland scenics foliage, since they'll be front rankers.

I now have just in excess of 1,400pts (~160 models) in my Celt force so I think I'll give painting them a rest for now. I'll try to find time to get them all out and take a few whole-army shots for the blog.

Comments

  1. Very nice!! The dip is really good if you keep the basecoats neat and tidy and think carefully about how light those basecoats are. Good idea to use metallics on black though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,I say it turned out nicely for you.:-)
    I'm pleased so far with my experiments with AP as well.

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment