Latest Painting ... EIR and Celts

I've been fairly busy with the brush recently, mainly because this weekend I have friends visiting for a relaxing weekend of chatting, wargaming, beer and good food. We'll also be trying out the new WAB2.0 rules for the first time!

One of the games I'm running will be an ambush scenario where the Celts take on a Roman supply column. This means I'll need some "baggage". So here's the pack horses. There's also a wagon on to which I'll put some boxes and barrels.

Pack Horses
(click for a larger image)

The horses were painted by my wife using her drybrush/highlight technique, rather than the dip.

The cart horse is still to be painted but here's the wagon. Sprayed white white a coat of Foundry Tan then dipped. Metals parts are GW Black followed by GW Mithril Silver.

Cart
(click for a larger image)

In order to quickly get a fourth cohort of Romans ready I ordered another sprue from Warlord and painted/dipped them.

Legion
(click for a larger image)

You may notice a few veterans in the group. To avoid the 'heavy armour' look I painted the arm armour (I forget its proper name - doh!?) as if it were cloth. Looks ok to me.

Here's a close up of the command group. Obviously I need to add the shields.

Legion
(click for a larger image)


Now for some more Celts...

Please do not adjust your set! It's a 15mm Essex Celtic Chariot. Had the figure for a while and just wanted to see what it would look like with a quick paint job and some dip.

Celts
(click for a larger image)

The other side.

Celts
(click for a larger image)

Here's the start of a unit of fanatics. Quite a mix of manufacturers - the leader (holding a severed head) is a Warlord model. The two figures either side are the GB naked fanatic command group, whilst the other three figures are from Essex.

Celts
(click for a larger image)

A close up of the command group.

Celts
(click for a larger image)

Whilst at Essex minis I also picked up these Celt slingers.

Celts
(click for a larger image)

I'll post up scenarios, battle reports and pics of the games as soon as I can find the time.

Comments

  1. I do like that wagon. Simple paintjob but a brialliant result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said on the WAB forum you achieved some very nice tones with your ap.

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment