Painted British Artillery

I've been rather under the weather recently, hence the lack of blog posts however here's a few pics of something I finished a while back. It's a British Royal Artillery 9lb-er. Figures from Front Rank, paints mostly Foundry.

Royal Artillery
(click for a larger image)

Don't ask why I based the crew individually rather than on the same base as the cannon - I suppose it's just habit.

Royal Artillery
(click for a larger image)

Wasn't too sure about the colour for the gun carriage but after doing a spot of research I realised that others have used a wide range of blue-greys so I opted for Foundry Night Sky Mid and then Light.

Royal Artillery
(click for a larger image)

I really like the small extras such as the powder barrel and spare shot. I think it adds an extra level of interest.

Royal Artillery
(click for a larger image)

Now I'm working on a batch of Perry's Plastic British Redcoats (http://www.perry-miniatures.com/index2.html) and my word they're splendid figures. Plus at £15 for a box of 36, a real bargain too.

Comments

  1. Very nice. And basing individually, You can always add scenic base later, with places to be filled by crew bases:) Easy way to be able to remove crew casualties and still have them on the one base;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like those. not usually a fan of Front Rank Napoleonics but they look rather good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice. I like how the individual bases all fit together.

    Frank
    http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's rather nice! I'm always wary of looking too hard at people's Napoleonic figures in case I succumb to temptation 'for the way madness lies' - but it's a good kind of madness when it results in nice colourful models like youurs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment