Saxons for Saga - Some Progress

OK, so nothing's actually finished yet, but I thought you might be interested to see how they're coming along. Here's the initial 4 point warband. The Warlord in the centre, flanked by his hearthguard with (ghostly) rabble behind.



A closer shot of the Warlord and the right wing.



And the left wing.


As you can see the Warlord and Hearthguard are ready for the dip, but as it's rather smelly I'll wait until I've done the Warriors then dip the whole lot in one go.

The figures are Gripping Beast plastics (Warlord and Hearthguard) and Musketeer (Warriors). In fact, the Warriors are actually from the Early Saxon range but I'll give them mostly larger shields so they'll be fine for 9th-11th century warriors.

More progress soon I hope.

Comments

  1. Nice, clean work. They will look fab as they move through your dip/highlight process. Also, thanks for the tips below regarding the matt varnish - I was having the same issues and its good to know its largely related to the ambient temperature. The gloss varnish 'correction' is good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking start, keep us posted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painting!! They look fantastic, I like the way you've painted them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Matt. Coming along very nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment