More BEF

Here's another 14 BEF, including 2 command stands for my Company Command groups and 2 Highlanders.

If my calculations are correct this should mean that I now have enough models painted for a 1,000pt battalion. (But I need to check this before popping the champagne!). They're not based yet as (a) I only finished painting them about 15 minutes ago and (b) after seeing the splendid and very inspirational work on blogs such as Sidney's "Roundwood's World" and Keith's "Aircav Saga" I intend to do something a little different for the bases of these fellows.

Anyway, here they are - apologies for the less than brilliant photos, I was in a bit of a rush, they look better in real life, honest!


All Great War Minatures, apart from one figure.


Here's the Highlanders, that gives me a platoon of 12 figures including a Lewis gun.


These will form the basis for my Company Command groups.


Here's the chap carrying a wounded comrade. This is a Scarab Miniatures figure and was a joy to paint. I think it's probably my favourite figure.


When all the basing is done I'll post a few army pics with some terrain, etc ... and proper lighting!

Comments

  1. Lovely looking figures and great paint job. Congratulations on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking figures and painting. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work Matt. The guy carring the wounded guy really looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking stuff Matt, can't wait to sdee what your planning with the bases.
    I like that Scarab mini too (must get round to painting mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt, these look tremendous. I really like the wounded figure. What's the thinking behind the two-figure bases? Just convenience, or something in the rules? Really looking forward to seeing these guys when they're finished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment