Early Imperial Roman Command

Whilst I have plenty of painted Romans, Auxiliaries, etc, I always lacked a proper command group. Until now that is! I've painted a Legate and Aquilifer. Here they are.



Both figures are from 1st Corps, actually the Roman Civil War range. The Legate is the Pompey figure.



These figures are slightly smaller in scale than my BTD Legion figures, but as they're mounted and on their own base any difference is not noticeable.



Painted using my wash and highlight technique. Block colours, highlight skin and armour, apply AP dip with brush, matt varnish, then very quick highlights. They're not quite as tidy as some of the figures I've completed recently with this method, but I needed to complete them in a hurry as tomorrow is the inaugural Scarab Miniatures War & Conquest gaming day! The two main themes of the day will be Rome and her enemies, along with Sparta and Greece. Hopefully pics and report to follow soon.

Comments

  1. They look great together - nice basing too. Hope they do well at your W&C game. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice lookng command stand. 1st Corps do produce some nice looking Romans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked them and thanks for the compliments.

    It was a grand day's gaming (report to follow soon) and having a proper commander made it even better.

    Thanks

    Matt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment