Dark Ages Movement Tray Fillers

The Warbases movement trays are excellent but they still present the problem of a bare tray when your units start to take casualties (unless of course you happen to play Hail Caesar!). My other trays have been painted brown - which is better than plain wood or plastic. But I still wanted to make things look better.

See what I mean... bare wood spoils the effect.

So here we have my new "unit filler" bases.

As you can see they're made up from spare bases covered in casualties, discarded weapons, severed limbs, lost shields, etc.

The casualty figures have yet to be washed and highlighted but the rest of the bases are complete.

I've made enough for 20 casualties, in a variety of base sizes. I didn't want to make any more until I had decided whether it worked well. Which I think it does. What's even better is that they're mostly made from odds and ends from my bits box.

Comments