Skirmisher Movement Trays

I sometimes find moving units of skirmishers a bit of a chore so I began thinking about how best to do make suitable movement trays. After a quick bit of email discussion the chaps at Warbases have come up trumps again! I simply drew what I wanted at 1:1 scale in Word and sent them a PDF as a plan for the trays. Within a few days they dropped through the letterbox - and at a very reasonable cost too.

Here are some Ceorls - or perhaps Geburs - trying out their new mode of travel.

Here's a couple more shots

This is what the basic tray looks like

This is after adding some sand, grits and rocks. Then painted to match the figure bases with added static grass, clump foliage and grass tufts, etc.

I'm very pleased with the results and will make several more (I have 4 trays in total). They were easy to order and very easy to sand/paint. Hope you found it useful / interesting.

Comments