Wargames Table in WSS

I'm delighted to tell you that my Early Imperial Romans and Celts (plus my 'real' Wargames Table and scenery) are featured in the current issue (64) of Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy!!!


The Battle of the New Road was the game that myself and Rob Broom (of Scarab Miniatures) devised for Colours 2012, held at the Newbury Racecourse back in September. The scenario was inspired by the story of the more modern Newbury Bypass and the eco-protest that accompanied it.

This was our (i.e. including my lovely wife) first show game for more than 10 years plus the first 'historical' battle for a show. I'm pleased to say that it was a real pleasure to be there. Many thanks to all of you who came along for chat and to find out more about the game.

As mentioned in earlier posts we hope to put on some more show games this year, where we'll be demonstrating War & Conquest featuring Saxons vs Vikings at the Battle of Ashingdon, 18th October 1016.

I hope you enjoy the scenario in WSS ... and the pictures!

Comments