Anglo-Saxon Army

Having recently "completed" my Anglo-Saxon (or perhaps Anglo-Danish) army, I thought you might be interested to see a few pictures. Here it is.


The King and his banner bearer take centre stage, accompanied by his Huscarls. To the right are a unit of Thegns, to the left and behind are units of Thegns/Ceorls. Two units of skirmishing Geburs provide some ranged support. A pair of Ealdormen and a Bishop provide some additional leadership.

Here are some closer shots.


As with most armies, it's still not really complete. I plan to add at least one more unit of Thegns/Ceorls and maybe some skirmishing Geburs with bows. After that I'll look to add some allied cavalry or archers.

I also want to create a few more little vignettes using some villagers, wounded warriors, livestock, etc.

Comments