Tokens for War & Conquest

As those of you who have played War & Conquest will know, it's important to keep track of which player has Strategic Advantage and, given the potential for I-go-you-go sequence to 'swap', what is the current player turn.

This usually isn't a problem, but recently I've have a number of games that have been quite interrupted, particularly when demonstrating the game at shows. Although I do enjoy telling people all about the games, the rules, figures, scenery, etc. :o)

Therefore, I've made some counters or tokens to help keep track of these things. Chits of paper or odd dice work perfectly but can seem, well, a little "utilitarian" for my liking. So here's my solution.


These are simply two larger Warbases MDF round bases; one has two 20x20mm squares attached to act as "dice plinths", whilst the other has a 25x50mm cavalry base on to which I've glued a nicely printed Strategic Advantage sign. They've been modelled, flocked, etc, to match the bases of most of my armies. In particular, this helps to prevent the turn marker dice from being picked up and rolled in the heat of battle.

Comments