Looking Back, Looking Forward

Highlights of the past year in terms of gaming can be summarised as follows
  • Completing our Saxon and Viking armies (OK, no army is ever truly 'complete'!).
  • Putting on "The Battle of Ashingdon" Saxons & Vikings show game at Penarth in January.
  • Getting some of my figures/scenery into WSS (twice) and Battlegames.
  • Attending another W&C Gaming Day (although it was pity I missed the games at Devizes due to dental issues).
  • Starting the Three Kingdoms campaign and playing more Saga.
  • Finally moving house and getting my own Man Cave again!
  • The show game at Legionary, Exeter in May.
  • The show game at Colours, Newbury in September.
  • A splendid birthday gaming weekend with chums in October.
  • Joining the 4th Annual Painting challenge.
  • Meeting up with some fellow bloggers (Hello to Simon and Sidney in particular).

But what are my wargaming plans for next year? Well, I’m not going to declare a complete list of exactly what I intend to do because plans always seem to change. Rather, here’s a list of projects from which I hope to choose a selection depending upon what I feel like doing.

  • Achieve my Painting Challenge target of 500pts.
  • Complete a late war Austro-Hungarian force for TGW.
  • Complete a late war German force for TGW.
  • Try Bolt Action for late WW1 skirmishing.
  • Play some more 'Lord of the Rings' or 'Hobbit' Strategy Battle Game with my children.
  • Finally 'complete' my Early Imperial Roman army – ok at least get it to a comfortable 2,000pts plus options for WaC.
  • Play Black Powder.
  • Play Hail Caesar!
  • Re-base, overhaul and expand my British Celt army.
  • Improve the storage of my armies - possibly using more magnetic basing.
  • Expand my WW1 British army, e.g. add some artillery, maybe another tank.
  • Build a Norman force for Saga.
  • Complete the WW1 terrain boards.
  • Paint some Arthurian figures - just because they're lovely figures!
  • Build a Caesarian Roman army - I have heaps of figures waiting in boxes.
  • Start building forces for the Gallipoli campaign.
  • Rationalise my collection of half-started projects and sell or trade those figures that are never going to get painted!
Finally a big Thank You to all my readers and fellow bloggers!

Happy Gaming!

Comments