New Painting ... Arthurian Romans

Crumbs!

It's been a bit slow on the gaming/painting front recently due to things like work, being poorly, etc. But here at last are my first ever Age of Arthur Late Romans.

These are from Musketeer and are (IMHO) some of the nicest figures I've had the pleasure of painting.


Shields are from LBMS naturally.

These are my entry for the Heroic Group bonus round for the Painting Challenge ... and about time too as I'm rather slipping behind schedule!

They will also form the command group for my Foot Companions in my Romano-British army for Dux Bellorum ... more on that subject in later posts.

I painted them in a similar style to the Saxons/Vikings I've done before, i.e. block colours and dip/wash, but I added some highlights before applying the wash, however they've rather been lost. Depending upon how the unit looks when complete I may go back and add some extra highlights - but they'll do for now.

Comments