Excuses... Excuses... !?

It’s not quite the end of the year but I’ve already been considering what I have and haven’t achieved this year, plus looking at what projects I have on the go, what might be lined up, etc. Rather than bore you with the details I’ll go straight to the conclusion ...

I’m trying to do far too much!

This is not exactly a surprise, in fact I’ve always been inclined to get too carried away with starting one gaming project after another, rather than focussing on finishing something – or at least getting to the point where I have a vaguely decent sized force completed.

So ... I've decided to restrict my gaming attention to a very limited set of rules and/or figures. Yes, I'd love to try out Bolt Action, Dux Britanniarum, Dux Bellorum, Hail Caesar, etc. But I have to be realistic.

On a 'good' week I can only manage about 5 to 6 hours of painting, often less. So I need to limit the scope of what I aim to paint. In the next couple of weeks (i.e the run up to the Festive season) I will very likely have siginficantly less. So rather than stress about getting figures painted and scenery built, I shall be packing away most of my stuff and taking a bit of a break until after Christmas.

This also means that for the time being I am postponing any WW1 related painting/modelling, including my Gallipoli project. I found that last one quite hard to decide as it's something I'm *very* interested in and have given much thought to - especially with the anniversary a few months away. But again, it's all about being pragmatic. I have a few packs of unpainted ANZACs and that's it, no Turks, no atmospheric little vignettes, no scenery and no definite rules. All that would have to be sorted in less than 5 months. It's just not practical for me.

Anyway, I hope you'll stick with the blog. I shall do my best to keep up a decent level of output when things get going again. Thanks for reading!

Comments