British Command Group

The British Platoon Command Group are complete! :o) Here's the Lieutenant - with trusty Webley revolver - and his platoon Sergeant (with a possibly less trusty Sten).

As with other leaders, I've based them on octagonal bases and added a clump of red flowers to make them a bit easier for me to find on the table.

The 2" Mortar team.

And again.

The PIAT team.

To get what I felt was a suitable colour for the PIAT I started with Foundry Dragoon Green Shade (70A) - as per the helmet - then after the wash I applied some more 70A, followed by a mix of the shade and some Vallejo Russian Green, followed by a final highlight of Russian green. Not sure how well it comes out in the photo but I was pleased with the effect.

Another couple of pics of the PIAT.


So that's the core platoon of Command, plus three sections completed (I forgot to take a 'group' photo - doh!?). So it's on to the supports next. These will include another PIAT and 2" Mortar team, a Vickers MMG, a Forward Observation Officer, a sniper, a flamethrower team and a Universal Carrier recon team. I may also add a Sherman tank.

Comments