Clotted Lard 2018

Last weekend saw Devon Wargamers host the Clotted Lard event in Exeter.  Colin and his lovely wife Nik kindly put me up for the weekend.  Really enjoyed Friday evening catching up with everyone.  Right... The idea for the event is that various people put on Lardy themed games and the rest of us turn up and play.  For the first game I teamed up with Colin, Paul and Steve to play Bob Connor's splendid FIW scenario for Sharp Practice.

Here's the gang having a grand old time!  Bob umpired the game very smoothly and his scenario was superb fun indeed!  My thanks sir - look forward to the games in October ;o)

More silliness from Paul and Steve.  Highlights from the game included the surprise arrival of several canoe loads of angry French loving Indians and Steve's brilliant little victory dance!  Sharp Practice is ideal for those of us who like a relaxed and perhaps slightly chaotic game of toy soldiers.  Excellent fun indeed.

Here's another table of SP2 - British versus Zulus... Faaarsands of 'em! Lovely stuff!

The Dutch Revolt using the "Sharply Buffed" extra rules.  I really liked the look of this game!

Here's a Home guard themed table for Chain of Command.  Excellent!  I played on this in the afternoon session - my thanks to Chas and Vince (I think?) for a lovely and rather bonkers game.

Alas the rest of my photos were a bit blurry for some reason.  The event was superb fun; a good laugh all day long.  Plus it was great to make some new gaming friends.  My thanks to the Devon Wargamers for such a great day!  Looking forward to the next one.

Comments