Desert Battlefield and some extra bits

Every battlefield needs a bit of interesting scatter terrain so, inspired by George's (of Musings on Wargames and Life fame) recent work, I've made some signs for the desert.  Couldn't resist jazzing up the bases with some items from the bits box.  Need to get some written in German too!

But it's no use having terrain if I ain't got a battlefield to put it on is it?...  So I had a rummage in the garage and turned up a pot of sandy coloured textured masonry paint (used to paint a shed years back!).  I decided to paint one side of my pair of 3 foot by 4 foot boards.

The result is fairly good I think, especially as it effectively cost almost nothing!  I also have some cheap tester pots of lighter sandy cream colours that I'll use to sponge on some highlights later.

What's a desert without a few dunes eh?  These are a set of very reasonably priced vac-formed moulded plastic 'hills' from Kallistra.  A couple of coats of the masonry paint is a good start.

Here are the dunes on the battlefield - both highlighted now - plus the dunes have had some clump foliage and arid grass tufts added.
"vere iz zee bipod?" - STFU Hans!

Right ... back to painting more DAK :o)

Comments