DAK Vehicles Roll In

Yes, I've finally slopped some paint on a couple of vehicles for my DAK! ("About time" - says George!).  Anyway, here they are...

Decals still to go (awaiting Microsol) but I think they look okay.  The painting "recipe" was as follows:-
  • Undercoat with AP Desert Yellow spray
  • Base coat in Foundry Boneyard Shade
  • Tyres and tracks in black then a quick highlight with a dark grey
  • Wash with GW Agrax Earthshade
  • Highlight with Foundry Boneyard Shade/Mid/Light
  • Pick out details such as the machine guns with black, brown, etc.

I think the highlighting with the Foundry Boneyard light went a bit crazy with the 251, but hey after  few months in the scorching desert it's bound to look a bit weathered?

I love this little tank!  Packing a light auto-cannon and a co-axial MMG it epitomises early desert warfare.

Inspired by chum Orange Dave, I've based them on some Charlie Foxtrot MDF bases.  Still plenty to add ... so lots more to follow.  Thanks for looking.

Comments