Desert Scenery - Rocky Outcrops

I fancied a change from painting the 8th army figures so I turned my attention to some rocky outcrops for jazzing up the battlefield - not to mention giving the chaps somewhere to take cover!

These (the five pieces in the foreground) are resin items from Model Scenery Supplies, under the category War Terrain, thank you to George for the tip.  They're made by Javis and I'm very pleased with them.  Painted as per my usual desert basing style - see 'Painting' page link under the blog banner if you're interested.

Tip - a couple of these were slightly warped when they arrived so, to fix this, I soaked them in very warm water for about 10 mins then used either some small G clamps to hold them flat to a bookshelf, or simply put a book on top.  An hour later they were cool and, most importantly, flat and level.

These just about fill a 6 inch cube as per the Painting Challenge guidelines so that's another 20 points bringing the total to 145 points.

Comments