Troop Transport

I’ve had a few queries about how I’m storing my (mainly plastic) DAK and 8th army, so here it is.

The figures are based on 1p coins - the magnetic ones 😉
Box liners: https://www.charliefoxtrotmodels.com/collections/miscellaneous-tokens-templates?page=10
Magnetic sheets: https://magneticdisplays.co.uk/magnetic-displays/lightweight-range/mag-sheets-200-150
The box liner is designed to hold the figures in place using 4mm rare earth magnets.  They are quite powerful and that’s great for metal figures as they’re heavier and more robust.  But the plastic figures are obviously a bit more delicate and I could see the rifles, bayonets, etc getting broken as they’re removed.  So I ordered some lightweight magnetic sheets.  These hold figures well but not too well if you see what I mean.

The larger based figures are stored like this.

The compartments are made with little strips of sticky backed foam.  The bases have some thin “steel paper” on the underside.  The box compartments have a small piece of magnetic sheet.  For the British bases I’ll just line a really useful box with magnetic sheets as that’s far easier.

Comments