Corn Stooks

Bit of a 'filler' post today as I've been somewhat distracted of late!  I wanted an alternative to the usual "door mat" style wheat fields and these have been in the scenery bits box for some time.  A few were already painted but I didn't know the painting recipe, so a clean up with soap and water followed by a spray of AP Skeleton Bone soon had them all primed and ready to go.


These fine resin items are from Hovels Ltd. The paint recipe was simply:
  • A base coat of VMC 983 Flat Earth
  • Heavy drybrush of VMC 877 Gold Brown
  • Drybrush with VMC 847 Dark Sand
  • A final very light highlight with Foundry Boneyard Light
Think I might get another couple of packs.  I'm not sure if I'll leave them as is, base them individually or make a partially cut wheat field for them to inhabit.  Probably base them on some of the very reasonably priced Charlie Foxtrot oval bases.

Comments