French Garage

This Warbases kit is perfect for a little French Garage.




I wasn’t too thorough about taking step by step pics but here’s a few work in progress shots.  The roof is tiled using strips of textured card supplied with the kit and makes for a great effect.

The front and back long walls were textured using masonry paint.

This wall was textured with fine ballast.

The brick wall was painted a dark red/brown then washed with Agrax to help pick out the brickwork.

These are the colours used for the tiling effect on the roof.

The doors and window frames, etc were painted using the Foundry Forest Green triad.
The bricks were picked out using the base colour along with a variety of dark browns through to warmer reds.

Next, I added a few suitable printed signs.

The building is free-standing but to better set it in context I made a base tile.  The cobbles are textured wallpaper.  The WC is from Charlie Foxtrot.

Finally I made some little piles of junk from oil barrels, crates, fuel cans, etc.  I have another fuel pump (somewhere) along with the garage owner (a set from 1st Corps) plus a couple of old motor vehicles so I'll add them at some point.

Comments