Warhammer Barn Up-cycled for ACW

Many, many years ago I built a barn/workshop for my Warhammer Fantasy Battles collection.  In countless battles it was happily fought over by hosts of Dwarfs, Empire, Brettonians, Undead, Elves and Orcs.  But I long ago gave up on WFB and all those years in less than ideal storage had not been kind to the model.  So I replaced the damaged woodwork and repaired the battered roof, but that meant a significant re-paint.  I also had to remove or disguise several Warhammer-esque shields and other items.  Anyway, here it is again ready to grace our games of ACW.


It was a scratch build based on ideas from an article in White Dwarf.


The main structure is foam-core board which was then clad in carved balsa.


The chimney is modelling putty sculpted to represent stones.  The roof tiles are thin card.


It was re-based in a similar style to my troops.  I’m looking forward to using it in many happy hours of gaming with friends 🙂

Comments