Cows, Pigs and Rabbits

Our miniature landscapes need, in my opinion, to look a little ‘lived in’ to get the most from our games.  Given that many of our battles are set in rural, or at least semi rural, areas then some suitable livestock are an obvious choice.  So, I’ve painted some.


These are from Redoubt (cows and pigs) and Warbases (rabbits).  Bases from Charlie Foxtrot Models.

Here are a few closer shots.


I felt that painting the cows the usual black and white would limit them to a European setting, tho I may be wrong.  A bit of Googling resulted in me opting for a more generic looking scheme of pale brown and creamy off white.  This is Foundry Buff Leather and Foundry Boneyard, respectively.  Want to add another couple of bases.  These could just as easily be objective tokens in scenarios such as foraging raids too.


Again Google helped choose this reddish brown scheme for the piggies.  This is Foundry Spearshaft.


Just for fun, I wanted some rabbits!  Foundry Bay Brown plus a bit of white for their tails.  I can just imagine a group of Rebel skirmishers getting ready to hit the Yankees but then suddenly being distracted by the prospect of rabbit stew for dinner.

 

Comments