ACW Snipers

Initially I was a little surprised to read about snipers in the American Civil War, but really I shouldn’t have as ‘sharpshooters’ had been around in some form for perhaps a hundred years or so.  Anyway, I decided these were a ‘must have’.  This Union sniper is a Dixon’s figure.


The Reb sniper is from 1st Corps and I’ve paired him with a Perry artillery limber to give him some suitable cover.  The 1st Corps set has two kneeling figures with a selection of heads - highly recommended!


A while back I mentioned posting up some army pics for my Union force.  So here they are!  The gaming mat is Geek Villain, Sicily and again is highly recommended!



There are still some troops to be added (e.g. cavalry and maybe a unit of Zouaves or a black/coloured unit, etc) plus a host of supports.  This lot comes in at around 100 points so plenty to be gaming with.

Comments