Desert Scenery - Barricades, Sandbags and Walls

More scenery!  As the war ebbed and flowed across North Africa, both sides regularly stopped to build new defensive lines as their opponent’s supply lines became longer.  Here are some (resin) barricades by Javis, from Model Scenery Supplies again.

A long while back I picked up a pack of Pegasus Hobbies sandbags.  However, I always felt that the finish whilst okay, could be better.  So, to get them to match in with my existing scenery, I sprayed them and applied the usual recipe with the addition of a very dilute wash of Agrax between the Tan and Dark Sand layers.

Here's the rest.

Finally, I have some Javis stone wall sections painted up in the same style.  These might be slightly better suited to other Mediterranean theatres such as Sicily or Italy but they'll be fine I'm sure.

All of these pack nicely in to a 6 inch cube so that's another 20 points for the painting challenge. Total now stands at 165 points.  Back to the figures next.

Comments