Greenhouse

Perusing the bits box the other day I found this lovely greenhouse kit from Warbases.  I wanted to build it as part of it's own little scene rather than a free-standing building on the table, so I dug out various bits of scenic scatter or 'clutter' to add to it.




Rather than have an empty greenhouse I scratch built a potting table from coffee stirrers and found some other bits of resin (Debris of War) to fill the space.  I've not glued the roof panels in place as I want to be able to place figures inside, although you can't get too many figures in it!





Outside is a small raised bed and some more DoW resin clutter.  The plant pot by the door is a cylindrical lego brick.  The planter trays are window frames.  Base from Charlie Foxtrot.










Painting was quite simple: spray with AP army green primer, then paint the wooden frame in Foundry Forest Green, the bricks in Foundry Slate Grey or Stone then give it a wash with Agrax to make it look a bit weathered. Highlight with the base colours then one shade lighter.  Pick out a few extra bricks in different shades of grey.

The path is made from some small pieces of plasti-card.  I've trimmed the edges so as to look like stone slabs.  The earth was painted with VMC Flat Earth, followed by highlights of Gold Brown, Tan Yellow and Dark Sand.

Adding all the foliage really brought the piece to life I think.   There are a wide range of tufts, scatter, clump foliage, static grass, etc available and I just kept adding it until I was happy with the result.

Comments