Now for something completely different

As some readers may know I'm very interested in the Napoleonic era. I even started to collect a 28mm army back in about 2001. However, like many gaming projects of the time, it faltered and was abandoned. Most of the figures were sold on Ebay, but I did keep a few with the intention of doing something along the lines of a Sharpe-esque skirmish game.

The figures were gradually painted and I wrote a few sets of rules but nothing quite took off until GW brought out the 3rd version of their excellent LOTR skirmish system for Return of the King. We wrote some extra rules and played some really fun games. Have a look at

http://www.spiritofthegame.org.uk/voltigeur/index.htm

Then the figures went in to storage again.

Now, some years later, I've added a few extra figures and spruced up the rules I drafted. The aim is to have a few games of Sharpe-skirmish with my chum Rich. He's very in to military history but has done little war gaming ... no problem I said!

If you're interested, then my current (and rather incomplete) rule set may be found at

http://www.mediafire.com/?blddg49ylde

Forward the 95th!


PS - I'm also thinking of expanding the collection in order to play proper 28mm Napoleonics with another friend, but more on that at a later date.

Comments