Dark Ages Saxon Church

Here's the latest addition to my scenery collection for Saga, the Gripping Beast Saxon Church. A Father's Day present; it was recently painted for me by my wonderful wife! (Although I did do the base).


I wanted the corner stones painted in grey to make them more noticeable as they are properly 'dressed' stonework and so probably looted from a crumbling Roman building.


The thatch has been painted to look fairly new as this sort of building might have been given a little more attention than more ordinary dwellings.
 

I added some plasticard stone slabs outside the front and back doors. Somewhere for the Thegns and Ceorls to stamp off the mud and dung!?


I also added some 'mini-natur' grass and flower tufts to the base.

Next, I'll be working on some scratch-built hurdle enclosures, more fencing and a small Saxon turnip patch.

Comments

  1. Looks splendid! She did a great job.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cracking model and exceelent paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great looking building!! And well done to mrs Matt!! Wish my wife would paint some of my stuff up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool looking building.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice indeed! A big gold star for that talented gamer wife :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Matt.

    The Gripping Beast Flint Anglo Saxon Church is a great addition to any wargames table.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful Matt. Very well done to Mrs Matt too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks brilliant that Matt.
    I hope your going to get Her some more nice terrain for Mothers Day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent painting. Wish my wife would do that for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks for all your kind words chaps. The "chief exec" was delighted!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment