Tabac Part 2

Buildings don't just stand around on their own (well, sometimes!) so I've decided to add a yard to my recently built Tabac from Charlie Foxtrot Models.

Top chum Colin custom cut the 'L' shaped base for the yard plus he also made an additional storey for the tabac itself as I wanted it to look a little different to the 'standard' model.

The walls and outbuilding are made from 5mm foam-core.  The gates are made from coffee stirrers (again!).

The gable boards and door are also coffee stirrers, with match sticks as the door frame.  The roof is made from an offcut of Wills textured plasticard.

I found some spare window frames (possibly Warbases?) in the bits box. 

The walls are capped with individual pieces of thin plasticard with the edges carved slightly to give a more stone-like look.  A bit fiddly but fine for small quantities.  The cobbles in the yard are textured wallpaper.  I trimmed out a couple of small areas so as to give a slightly untidy look.

The capping tiles are spares from a Charlie Foxtrot kit.

Best to check the fit before applying any paint.

The finished yard painted in the same style as the tabac.  I've also added some tufts, foliage and static grass.

I have plenty of resin and plastic items of scatter terrain (crates, boxes, barrels, etc) to add some ‘clutter’ to the yard.

I re-painted the ridge tiles on the tabac to match the outbuilding plus I added some roof lichen tufts.  I may add a few spots of bird wotsit too!

Comments