More Orks and Da Rusty Junk

I felt like painting something a bit different recently so dug out these Ork Nob figures.

I may give the red another highlight of GW Wazdakka Red as it’s a bit intense but it’ll do for now.

I’ve also been experimenting with some rust recipes (mainly from Mr Scrivs blog) and these are two test pieces. I’ve slightly over done the rusting as I wanted to try it out on larger areas and I’m quite pleased with it. Grey primer and a coat of GW Leadbelcher (or Black primer and heavy drybrush) followed by a wash of GW Agrax. Then apply large patches of any a dark reddish brown such as Foundry Conker Shade or VMC Flat Brown. Then add highlights of the base with increasing amounts of orange and yellow. Try to leave a good range of colours from base to highest highlights. Then go back with a bit of wash here and there and perhaps some Leadbelcher on any freshly scraped edges.


Comments